University of Wollongong - Australia Admissions 2023: Application Fees & Deadline ,,Australia
The University of Wollongong (UOW) admits over 30,000+ students annually. In 2020, UOW admitted 34,554 students out of which 12,278 were freshmen and the rest were those who were continuing their education. Around 23,548 students at the University of Wollongong were admitted for an undergraduate course, 8,266 were enrolled for postgraduate coursework and 1,555 were pursuing a research-level degree program at UOW.
Admission applications at the University of Wollongong are accepted online from international students. International students also have the option of applying through an agent designated by the university in their respective countries. There is no application fee charged from international students applying for admission to any course at the University of Wollongong.
Each course has distinct admission criteria, undergraduate courses require class XII scores and based on ATAR rank offer admissions. Whereas, postgraduate courses may require GRE or GMAT score from the applicants along with a bachelor's degree. For both levels of study, ELP test scores are also required to be submitted along with the supporting documents.
- University of Wollongong Admission Highlights
- University of Wollongong Courses Offered
- University of Wollongong Admission Requirements
- How to Apply for PG Admission at the University of Wollongong
- University of Wollongong Application Fee
- University of Wollongong Application Process
- University of Wollongong Part-time Work while Studying
- University of Wollongong Campuses & Accommodation
- University of Wollongong Contact Information
University of Wollongong Admission Highlights
PG: Apply Online Portal
|Application Fee||No fee is charged|
|Standardised Tests Accepted||PG: GRE or GMAT|
|ELP Tests Accepted||TOEFL / IELTS / PTE / OET / CAE|
|Application Deadlines||February & July|
|UG Admission Eligibility||Class XII scores + ATAR + ELP Test scores|
|PG Admission Eligibility||Bachelor's + ELP Test scores + Standardised Test Scores|
|Scholarships||Offered to international students|
University of Wollongong Courses Offered
What all Courses are Available for International Students?
The University of Wollongong offers around 365 degree programs across the four faculties of:
- Business & Law
- Engineering & Information Sciences
- Arts, Social Sciences & Humanities
- Medicine & Health
Some of the popularly offered courses at the University of Wollongong are - Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Physical Chemistry, Energy & Fuels, Computer Science, Clinical Medicine, Environment & Ecology, etc.
University of Wollongong Admission Requirements
The admission requirements for admission to UOW have been explained below, segregated into two sections - UG and PG. Read on for a detailed explanation of the admission requirements of the University of Wollongong:
How to Apply for UG Admission at the University of Wollongong
International students can apply via UAC or University Admissions Centre Application Portal for the University of Wollongong admissions.
Eligibility & Documents Required for University of Wollongong UG Admission
Successful completion of one of the following qualifications is accepted as meeting the University’s English language requirement:
- Year 12 in Australia or any Australian Year 12 qualification completed offshore.
- Foundation Studies, Certificate IV or Diploma with a minimum duration of one year (full-time) completed in Australia; or any of these qualifications completed at an Australian institution offshore.
- At least one year of full-time study toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Australia, or at an Australian institution offshore.
English language test scores accepted for undergraduate admissions at the University of Wollongong are as follows:
|ELP Tests Accepted for UG UOW Admissions||Minimum Scores Required|
- Electronic or scanned copies of academic records, mark sheets, and/or transcripts - secondary/tertiary studies studying in, or previously undertaken.
- Official certified English translations for documents in another language.
- Transcripts should show all subjects undertaken, grades obtained (including failures), stages reached, or confirm that academic requirements of the course have been completed.
- Digital academic documents issued via My eQuals are also accepted.
How to Apply for PG Admission at the University of Wollongong
PG applications at the University of Wollongong are accepted via UAC Portal.
Eligibility & Documents Required for University of Wollongong PG Admission
International students applying for admission to a postgraduate program must hold a bachelor's degree with a second high division (55%) or first division (60%) in the relevant area of study. Apart from this, students holding graduate diplomas or diplomas can also submit their certifications and apply for admissions at UOW for PG courses.
How to Send Documents to the University of Wollongong?
Applicants who have had digital academic documents issued via My eQuals, can submit links to these documents to UOW as part of their admissions application. To submit My eQuals digital academic documents, follow the below-given instructions:
- Generate a link to My eQuals digital academic documents without nominating an expiry date.
- Paste the link into a Word document
- If adding a PIN to the link, ensure the PIN is noted next to the link.
- If an applicant has more than one relevant My eQuals digital document to submit, they should provide a link for each, ensuring they label each link clearly.
- Save the Word document on the PC.
- Note: a document must not be bigger than 2 MB for undergraduate/postgraduate course applications and not bigger than 5 MB for HDR applications.
- Acceptable formats are: pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, jpg, jpeg, tif and tiff.
- Upload the Word document to the UOW admissions application.
University of Wollongong Application Fee
Is there any Application fee at the University of Wollongong?
No, the University of Wollongong does not require any application fee from international students applying for admission. Thus, the applications are submitted free of cost at UOW.
What is the University of Wollongong Fee Structure?
The cost of studying at the University of Wollongong for international students is given in the table below based on the various areas of study for the year 2023-24 are as follows:
|UOW Courses||Undergraduate Course Fees||Postgraduate Course Fees|
|Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities||AUD 83,808 - AUD 136,320||AUD 41,544 - AUD 68,448|
|Business and Law||AUD 92,592 - AUD 131,040||AUD 30,576 - AUD 64,128|
|Engineering and Information Sciences||AUD 52,416 - AUD 197,280||AUD 39,456 - AUD 82,848|
|Science, Medicine and Health||AUD 95,184 - AUD 134,976||AUD 47,304 - 65,952|
University of Wollongong Scholarships & Financial Aid (H2)
Are there any Scholarships or Financial Aid Available for International Students? (H3)
University of Wollongong Application Process
There are two types of course levels offered at the University of Wollongong - undergraduate and postgraduate. For both levels of study, applications are accepted through different portals.
Steps for UG Application
The steps to apply for UOW admissions via UAC are as follows for international students:
- Click on the 'Apply or log in' button at the top right of the page and select the relevant application type.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to start filling out the application then enter your personal details.
- Provide all details of your studies and qualifications.
- Select your course preferences for study at UOW.
- Accept the applicant declaration and pay for your application. Your application would then be considered complete.
- Log in to your application to keep track and in case of alterations to the already existing preferences if needed.
- Log in to check admission offers released regularly.
Steps for PG Application
For postgraduate admissions at UOW, students can Apply Online via the university's official website. The steps for filing an admission application are as follows:
- Click on https://applytouow.uow.edu.au/app/login.jsp and register first.
- Upon registering, log in to the application with the set credentials and begin filling out the application form.
- The application begins with the filling of personal details in the first step.
- In total there are nine sections of the application.
- Once all information is completed and filled, applicants can submit their applications.
- They can come back and check their application status from this portal only.
University of Wollongong Application Deadlines
The following are the application deadlines to apply at the University of Wollongong:
|20 July 2022||Early Admission Application Begin|
|12 August 2022||UOW Early Admission applications close|
13 September 2022
UOW Early Admission 'stage one' outcomes are sent to all applicants, and the UOW Early Admission booking system is open for shortlisted applicants to book time/s for Early Admission interviews/activation sessions.
|20 September 2022||The UOW Early Admission booking system closes at 5 pm.|
26 September 2022 – 28
|UOW Early Admission interview/activation week.|
|30 September 2022||Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) undergraduate (international students) Early Bird applications for 2022-23 admissions close.|
|10 October 2022||UOW Early Admission offers are released|
|Early December 2022||UOW enrolment opens|
When will I Hear from the University after I Submit my Application?
The University of Wollongong usually assesses any admission application within two weeks. But there may be delays in some cases, in cases of missing documents or insufficient information or other missing details. But as soon as the university would assess the application, the applicants will be mailed that their decisions have been declared, which they will have to check once they log in to their application portals.
University of Wollongong Part-time Work while Studying
International students studying in Australia are eligible to work part-time for 40 hours a fortnight or for 20 hours a week. During holidays, students can work full-time as well. Only in a few cases can applicants get permission to work for longer hours in a week.
Can I work while studying here?
Yes, the career centre of the University of Wollongong helps students find internship opportunities. Thus, students can look for part-time jobs or even go for short courses to enhance their knowledge which may help them in the long run.
University of Wollongong Campuses & Accommodation
The University of Wollongong has campuses in Wollongong, three campuses in Sydney and four Regional campuses. Apart from this, there are international campuses of UOW as well, located in China, Singapore, Malaysia and Dubai.
Is on-campus housing available?
There are various on-campus accommodations available for international students - Kooloobong Village, I-House, Campus East, Graduate House and Bangalay. These housing accommodations can easily accommodate over 3,000+ students.
University of Wollongong Contact Information
In case of queries, contact the university at:
Northfields Ave Wollongong, NSW 2522 Australia
Phone: 1300 367 869
International: +61 2 4221 3218
Switchboard: +61 2 4221 3555
|University City||Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia|
|Size of city||Medium|
|Population of City||2,99,203|
Northfields Ave, Wollongong NSW 2522, Australia
Wollongong ( New South Wales)