Reasons for rejection of Canada Student Visa
Canada Student Visa Rejection 2022: Canada is one of the most preferred study destinations for international students. With world-class education, friendly visa and immigration rules, and better life prospects make it one of the most sought-after study destinations globally. As a large number of people apply for a student visa, it becomes difficult to get a visa. Due to its huge popularity, it follows a rigorous visa process. In this article, we will inform you of the reasons for the rejection of a Canada Student Visa and what you can do to avoid that.
Reasons for Rejection of Canada Student Visa
- Financial stability: The authorities may find that you are not financially sound and won't be able to support yourself while studying in Canada. You need to show that you can arrange a sufficient amount of funds till the time you are staying there.
- Academic performance: As you are applying for a Student Visa, you need to have adequate academic credits or scores as mentioned by your educational institution and the Canadian government to get the visa approval.
- Letter of acceptance: In order to apply for a valid study permit, you need to prove that you received a letter of acceptance from a registered Canadian educational institution. Apart from this, the candidate should also meet all the requirements for the program you applied.
- IELTS or TOEFL Score: Whether you are going under the SDS program, PNP, or SPP program, you need the minimum IELTS or TOEFL Score to prove language proficiency. The candidate needs to secure a minimum IELTS or TOEFL Score as set under these programs for securing a student visa. Students should also know the SPP and non-SPP visa requirements to study in Canada.
- No permanent stay: The study permit is a temporary visa, and it has an expiry date. The visa officer must be convinced that you will come back to your home country after completing your studies. If the visa officer is not satisfied and finds you a potential immigrant, then your Student Visa can be rejected. It does not mean that students cannot extend their visas. Canada is known for its visa-friendly policies for international students. You can extend your visa by following the due process. However, at the time of the visa interview, you need to convince the visa officer that you are not going to settle there permanently.
- Change study program: If your selected study program does not match your past educational background or work experience then you can be questioned on this. In this case, you should be able to explain why you are changing your field of study.
- Inadequate documents: You can check out the list of documents required to get a Canadian Student Visa here. Make sure to carry all the important documents at the time of the visa interview, also carry the documents sequence-wise and clearly, so, the officer can go through them easily.
Reapply for a Student Visa after rejection
Candidates can reapply for a Canadian Student Visa after getting a rejection earlier. However, first of all, evaluate why your application was rejected last time and make sure this time you won't repeat the same mistake. As per the new guidelines issued under the SDS Program, the Canada Student Visa processing time can take up to a maximum of 45 business days.
- Reasons for rejection of US Student Visa
- Reasons for rejection of UK Student Visa
- Reasons for rejection of Australian Student Visa
- Reasons for rejection of Germany Student Visa
If your Visa application has been rejected once, you might want to refer: What to do if your student Visa gets rejected?.
Need more tips related to Visa Application? Check out Interview tips for a Student Visa.