GRE Exam Day Tips – GRE is a standardized test for candidates looking to pursue graduate programs abroad. Conducted by the Education Testing Service (ETS), the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) sees over half-a-million individuals from across 160 countries take the GRE General Test every year, in its over 1,000 test centers set up by ETS. GRE scores are a major hit in over 1,200 business schools around the world that accept the GRE scores, including top-ranked MBA programs in major study abroad destinations.
ETS – the conducting body of GRE has left no stone unturned to make the GRE exam experience of the candidates as friendly as possible. As you read, we are going to explain to our readers how to prepare themselves for the GRE Exam day to be able to put in their best on the GRE Exam day. Candidates looking to appear for the GRE test should be aware that there are two formats of the exam, the GRE General Test and the GRE Subject Test.
One of the main benefits of appearing for the GRE Exam is the ease of access and convenience the conducting body has set up for candidates looking to appear for the GRE test. Candidates are required to book a GRE Test Centre that is most convenient to their location, as this way they would be required to spend less time traveling to their exam centre.
The GRE Exam is held multiple times around-the-year and candidates can check the availability of GRE test dates at their GRE Test Centre of choice. Candidates are reminded to choose the exam test center that is most convenient for them to be able to perform their best on the day of the exam. It is always advisable to take expert advice for studying abroad after completing the exam. The GRE test centers function on a first-come-first-serve basis, so it is important to book your dates as soon as possible. During the high season, tests can fill up one month in advance. So registering for GRE Exam early is a very important task.
Pre-exam Day tips for GRE Exam
This is the most important day for the test taker as all the days of preparation and hard work would culminate in your performance at the GRE Exam day. Hence, candidates are advised to follow important GRE Exam day tips to be able to perform their best on the day of the exam.
Good preparation always starts a day before the exam, and not on the exam day. Candidates are required to sleep early as this would enable them to get a good night's rest feel fresh on the day of the exam.
Exam Day Tips
Candidates looking to appear for their GRE Exam can go through the GRE Exam Day tips mentioned below.
- There should be no question of missing breakfast. A moderately heavy breakfast would fuel you for a longer period of time. Candidates are recommended to carry a light snack or a fruit with them to satisfy that untamed hunger pang.
- Candidates are advised to wear loose clothes that would get them through all temperatures. It is very important for the candidate to feel comfortable while taking the exam.
- Candidates are required to reach 30 mins before the reporting time at the GRE Test centre as this would enable them to reach on time and avoid any last-minute hassle.
- Once at the GRE Test Centre candidates would be required to show their identification proof which should be a valid passport to proceed further. For security reasons, the candidate would have his/her photograph taken and biometrics scanned at the time of verification of id for official use only.
- Candidates would be provided a locker facility for the safekeeping of their belongings that they bring to the Test Centre. These could include, their electronics such as a watch or their mobile phone, snacks and their bag if they have any on them.
- Once they have kept their personal belongings in their designated area they would be ushered into their test-taking room. Candidates should make sure that no restricted item should be on them while appearing for the exam. They would be ushered to their system to take the GRE exam.
- During the GRE Exam, they will be allowed to take a break of 10 mins. After this time they would be again required to report back to the GRE testing room.
|GRE Results and Scores||GRE Preparation tips|
During the Exam
Candidates looking to appear for the GRE Exam can go through the below-mentioned GRE Tips before appearing for their GRE Exam.
- Candidates should follow directions to avoid wasting any time.
- Students appearing for the exam should not panic and concentrate on the task in front of them. They should not be distracted.
- As a rule of thumb, candidates should not spend too much time on one question if the candidate is unaware of the answer move on to the next question.
- Candidates should learn to equally distribute his time and answer all the questions as possible to the best of his knowledge. Candidates are advised against leaving questions blank and attempting the entire paper.