PTE Exam day Tips – Aspirants looking to pursue higher education in Australia, New Zealand, the USA, the UK, Canada, Ireland, Singapore, and Germany among many other countries are required to appear for the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic exam. One of the most widely accepted computer-based tests of English, PTE Academic is generally undertaken for studying abroad and immigration purposes.
One of the main benefits of appearing for the PTE Academic Exam is the ease of access and convenience the conducting body has set up for candidates looking to appear for the PTE test. Candidates are required to book a PTE Test Centre that is most convenient to their location, as this way they would be required to spend much time travelling for the exam.
PTE Academic test is held multiple times around the year and candidates can check the availability of PTE Exam Dates at the PTE Test Centre of their choice and book the same. It is always advisable to take expert advice for studying abroad after completing the exam. Candidates should keep in mind that PTE test centres function on a first-come-first-serve basis, so it is important to book your dates as soon as possible. During the high season, tests can fill up one month in advance. So registering for the PTE date early is a very important task.
Pre-exam Day tips for PTE Exam
This is the most important day for the test taker as all the days of preparation and hard work would culminate in your performance at the PTE Exam. Hence, candidates are advised to follow important PTE Academic Exam day tips to be able to perform their best on the day of the exam.
Good preparation always starts a day before the exam, and not on the exam day. Candidates are required to sleep early as this would enable them to get a good night's rest feel fresh on the day of the exam.
Exam Day Tips
Candidates looking to appear for the PTE Academic Exam can go through the PTE Exam Day tips mentioned below.
- There should be no question of missing breakfast. A moderately heavy breakfast would fuel you for a longer period of time. Candidates are recommended to carry a light snack or a fruit with them to satisfy that untamed hunger pang.
- Candidates are advised to wear loose clothes that would get them through all temperatures. It is very important for the candidate to feel comfortable while taking the exam.
- Candidates are required to reach 30 mins before the reporting time at the PTE Academic Test centre as this would enable them to reach on time and avoid any last-minute hassle.
- Once at the PTE Test Centre candidates would be required to show their identification proof which should be a valid passport to proceed further. For security reasons, the candidate would have his/her photograph taken and biometrics scanned at the time of verification of id for official use only.
- Candidates would be provided with a locker facility for the safekeeping of their belongings that they bring to the PTE Test Centre. These could include, their electronics such as a watch or their mobile phone, snacks and their bag if they have any on them.
- Once they have kept their personal belongings in their designated area they would be ushered into their test-taking room. Candidates should make sure that no restricted item should be on them while appearing for the exam. They would be ushered to their system to take the PTE Academic exam.
- During the PTE Exam, students will be allowed to take a break of 10 mins. After this time they would be again required to report back to the PTE Testing Room.
During the Exam
Candidates looking to appear for the PTE Academic Exam can go through the below-mentioned PTE Tips during their PTE Exam.
- Candidates should follow directions to avoid wasting any time.
- Students appearing for the exam should not panic and concentrate on the task in front of them. They should not be distracted.
- As a rule of thumb, candidates should not spend too much time on one question if the candidate is unaware of the answer move on to the next question.
- Candidates should learn to equally distribute their time and answer all the questions as possible and to the best of their knowledge. Candidates are advised against leaving questions blank and attempting the entire paper to the best of their ability.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload Guide