Piyush KohliStudy Abroad Expert
As such, there are no minimum IELTS Eligibility criteria 2022 set by the conducting bodies like IDP and British Council for the IELTS Exam 2022. IELTS is a language proficiency test that is given by those candidates who wish to study in an English-speaking country and aim to gain global exposure. The medium of teaching in a majority of the colleges, universities, and educational institutions in the major English-speaking countries is the English language only. So, the candidates should have a basic understanding of the language in order to pursue their higher studies successfully. According to the IELTS Exam Pattern, the candidates are assessed on four parameters Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
What are the different formats of the IELTS Exam?
The IELTS Exam 2022 is conducted in two formats IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training Test. The IELTS Academic is given by those who wish to pursue higher studies in a foreign country, whereas the IELTS General Training Test is for those who want to go to major English-speaking countries for pursuing secondary education or gain work experience. Apart from this, it is also used for migration to major economies of the world like the UK, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. Moreover, a majority of the renowned educational institutes across the world require an IELTS total score of 7.0 band with section scores of 6.5 band as IELTS exam eligibility.
What is the minimum IELTS Score required by Top Universities?
Every university has a different set of requirements and its own set of guidelines for giving admissions. Also, all the universities have set different IELTS Eligibility Criteria which candidates need to fulfill for getting admitted. In addition to this, candidates should also match the other eligibility requirements set by the university or the educational institute where they are planning to enroll.
Download this guide to read it offline
What is the minimum age for giving IELTS Exam?
The minimum age for giving the IELTS exam is 16 years. Anyone over the age of 16 can give the IELTS Test irrespective of nationality or background. Exceptions can be made where the school requires IELTS Scores for admission. There is no age limit or eligibility criteria set by the ETS, the body that conducts this exam, but it is preferred that the aspirant should have crossed 16 years of age.
IELTS Test Pattern
IELTS Syllabus includes different sections, Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. The complete test duration is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- Listening: The total length of this section is 30 minutes and candidates have to answer different types of 40 questions.
- Reading: The total time for this section is 30 minutes and it comprises almost 40 questions.
- Writing: This section is of 60 minutes and includes two questions where candidates have to write a short essay of at least 250 words. Apart from this, candidates are given a table, diagram, or data which they have to explain in their own words.
- Speaking: The overall length of this section varies from 11 to 14 minutes and candidates also go through a face-to-face interview. Through this section, it is monitored whether the candidates can communicate effectively in the country where they have applied.
- IELTS vs TOEFL vs PTE Academic: Which test you should take
- IELTS Academic vs IELTS General?
- IELTS Exam: Tips to Achieve a High Score
IELTS Eligibility FAQs
Still, need more clarity? Read IELTS frequently asked questions to understand everything about the IELTS and IELTS Eligibility.
Can I apply for the IELTS exam after the 12th standard?
Is 12th marks important for taking IELTS?
Is there any minimum score needed to pass the IELTS test?
Are watches allowed in the IELTS test?
What is the age limit for IELTS?
Can the IELTS test be completed in one day?
What to do if the test taker falls sick on the test day?
Which IELTS section should be attempted first?
Can I prepare for the IELTS test at home?
Which IELTS coaching center is best?
What is a good IELTS band score?