Have some questions about the IELTS Exam? In this article we will look at some of the IELTS FAQs (IELTS Frequently Asked Questions)
Q. How soon the candidate can give the IELTS test again?
A. Candidates can appear for the IELTS exam anytime.
Q. How can I postpone or cancel my IELTS test?
Candidates can now cancel or postpone the IELTS exam online.
- You can re-schedule the test only if the gap between the current test date and new intended test date is at least 15 days. If the gap is 34 days and above, you can re-schedule without providing any reason
- You can apply for the cancellation of the test only if the test date is at least 15 days away from the date of cancellation
- If you postpone or cancel your application more than 5 weeks before the test date, you will receive a refund after an administration fee has been deducted from it.
- Candidates cancelling the exam less than 5 weeks ahead of the exam will not receive any refund, unless there is a serious medical reason
- Those who do not appear for the exam will also not receive any refund.
Q. What is the difference between IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training?
A. IELTS academic is given by those who wish to enroll at a college/university to pursue studies. Whereas, IELTS General Training is given by those who wish to migrate to a foreign country for work or wish to apply for a PR.
Q. If the candidate is absent from the exam because of a genuine medical condition?
A. If the candidate does not appear for the exam, they will lose the whole amount of the fee. However, if the candidate is not able to give the exam due to a genuine medical condition, then they need to submit the medical certificate within 5 days of the exam to receive the refund after deducting the administrative cost.
Q. How to register for IELTS?
A. You can follow the given below steps:
- Visit the official IELTS website.
- Register for the test.
- Select the test type and date.
- Give all your details in the application form.
- Upload all your documents (candidate's passport). This step is not mandatory.
- Pay the fee and check all the details and then proceed.
Q. How can I prepare for the IELTS Test?
A. The aspirants can prepare for the exam through self-study or by attending coaching for the test. Those who wish to prepare themselves can prepare from the best books and resources for IELTS. Apart from this, those who wish to take professional help can select from the top 10 IELTS coaching centers in India.
Q. What is the purpose of taking the IELTS test?
A. The objective of the IELTS exam is to test the English language proficiency of the candidate who wishes to migrate for study or work in a foreign country where English is used as a medium of communication. This test is also accepted by countries for immigration purpose as well.
Q. Which countries accept IELTS Score?
A. There are more than 140 countries that accept the IELTS score. It is accepted by various organizations in major English-speaking countries like the UK, US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Apart from this, even non-English speaking countries also accept IELTS scores to give admission to different colleges and universities where courses are taught in English.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload Guide