Hospitality Management is a field of work and a field of study altogether. As a field of study, it is the study of the hospitality industry and its management needs. People who are interested in careers in the industry may choose to pursue masters in hospitality so that they can start their careers on solid footing.
For hospitality programs, following are the entrance requirements:
- Average 3.0 GPA in undergraduate study
- At least one year work experience in the hospitality industry
- A completed application form
- A Recent TOEFL score (at least 550 score)
- Optional – GRE scores
Admission to a hospitality school requires that prospective students select a specific field of study, and submit the required application materials for that graduate degree program. Graduate school admission requirements include -
- The submission of a completed graduate school application for admission
- Payment of the non-refundable application fee
- Submission of copies of official transcripts and documents from all post-secondary institutions attended and their official English translation, if the language of instruction is not English
- Official TOEFL scores for international applicants
- A personal or video interview with members of the graduate faculty
Several forms of financial aid are available for graduate students in Hotel Management. These include fellowships, assistantships, student loans, wage payroll, and grants-in-aid. Graduate assistantships are funded both through the university and faculty research grants. A small number of additional funding opportunities are available each year for teaching. You will have to get in touch with the financial cell of the college to get to know the complete process to get grants and scholarship application process.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload Guide