Job prospects of MIM
MIM or Master in Management is a one or two year program that focuses on marketing, accounting or finance. MIM is popular in Europe as MSc in Management. MIM or MSc in Management is designed for those who are starting their careers or those with little work experience. MIM and MSc in Management are two sides of the same coin.
A MIM program includes personality development sessions that improve interpersonal skills and teamwork. Apart from this, the case studies are an integral part of this course and will help in understanding how a manager’s decision can impact a business that generates profits for a company. So, if you want jobs after MSc Management in a managerial or supervisory position, then this course is a perfect choice to develop the skills and knowledge to resolve organizational conflicts, make controlled decisions, and improve team functioning.
Eligibility for pursuing MIM
Usually, fresh graduates or graduates with one or two-year work experience pursue MIM to add to their skills. Usually, graduates who want a degree in business management go for MBAs. However, pursuing an MBA is not only expensive but the admission criteria for MBAs are also difficult in comparison to MIM. From the last decade, MIM has become a popular alternative for those who do not want to do an MBA. Students with a bachelor’s degree in engineering are preferred to pursue a MIM degree.
Pursuing MIM is way cheaper than pursuing an MBA program. Another popular reason for students going for this degree is the work experience required for getting into a MIM degree. Traditional B-schools require significant work experience for getting into an MBA program, whereas in MIM, one can easily get admission with one or two years of work experience or with no work experience as well. Read: MBA v/s MIM v/s MA in Management: Know the Difference
Average Salary after MIM
MIM program generally focuses on the fundamentals of management. This degree is popular in India and Europe. After pursuing this degree, students usually get entry-level jobs like Management Trainee. They are also popular as Analysts. After gaining experience, MIM graduates can work as HR Manager, Training Manager, General Operation Manager, Sales Manager or Business Development Manager. Also, after gaining significant work experience, they can also work in higher management roles. The average salary for jobs after MIM will range from 50,000 USD to 100,000 USD per annum. The top recruiters can also offer packages ranging from 100,000 USD to 150,000 USD. The salary package will totally depend on your skills and how fast you can adapt to your environment.
Jobs after MIM
After completing Masters in Management abroad, graduates can work in consulting, finance, government and non-profits, retail & luxuries, technology, etc. In the past years, recruiters are selecting MIM graduates as they are considered fast learners, and risk-takers, and can imbibe corporate values faster than others. Let us look at some popular jobs for MIM graduates.
- Business Development Manager: After completing MIM, graduates must have developed knowledge of handling business, marketing, finance, and management. As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for bringing new clients to the organization. You will also be responsible for maintaining positive relations with the clients. As per Emolument, the average salary of a Business Development Manager is $62,000
- Project Manager: After having a MIM degree, you can work as a project manager in various sectors like infrastructure, IT, and healthcare. As a project manager, you are required to handle tight project schedules, maintain communication within the team, complete deadlines.
- Social / Digital Media Manager: After graduating with a MIM degree, you can work as a social or digital media manager in an organization. This profile requires you to be accountable as the face of an organization. As per the Emolument, the average salary of a Digital Media Manager is $54,000.
(Source for average salaries: Emolument)
Top Recruiters for MIM Graduates
Some of the top recruiters for MIM graduates around the globe are:
- BNP Paribas
Top schools offering MIM programs
- HEC Paris
- IE Business School
- London Business School
- Essec Business School
- Kellogg school of management
- Bocconi University
- Rotterdam School of Management
- University of St. Gallen
Q. Do people get jobs after MIM?
Q. Is doing MIM from abroad worth an investment?
Q. What is the average salary of MIM graduates abroad?
Q. Is MIM better than MBA?
Q. Can I become a CEO after MIM?