Updated on Nov 14, 2022 22:41 IST
- Start early and by August, shortlist 8-12 Australian universities that you will apply to for the February 2023 intake. Visit university websites and note application requirements, deadlines etc.
- By September, be familiar with bank loan options and scholarships to fund your studies in Australia.
- Begin by downloading admissions brochures from the university websites. Most brochures are out more than a year earlier.
- Do some initial research on various accommodation options.
- Prepare for required standardised tests like GMAT, GRE, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE - depending on the course and university.
- By June - July or three months before the test date, register for GMAT / GRE.
- Register for TOEFL / IELTS / PTE at least a month before the test date.
- Take the required standardized or English language tests around September. Plan for buffer time in case you need to retake the test.
- Shortlist the colleges and prepare for your application. Think hard about what makes you unique as an applicant and sketch out your strengths and self-assessment.
- Contact your professors and direct managers for the required 2-3 reference letters. At least a month before your application deadline.
- Begin drafting your SOP and essays. Give a month’s time to structure these documents properly.
- Apply before the deadline to avoid last-minute hassle!
You might be interested in these free downloads
Study in Australia: Timeline for July 2023 Intake4k downloads
Study in Canada: Timeline for September 2023 intak...34k downloads
Study in the US: Timeline for September 2023 Intak...15k downloads
- Ensure not to delay in replying to college e-mails as there will be quite a few.
- Appear for personal/video interviews, which may be scheduled around January to March for the Australia intake of February 2023.
- You will receive your acceptance letter called CoE (Confirmation of Enrolment) in either November or December, depending on the institute.
- After receiving CoE, you can apply for an Australian student visa.
- Notify the universities about your decision of acceptance of admission depending on the deadline.
- You would be required to pay a non-refundable deposit to confirm your admission at Australian universities.
- Search for and begin applying for external scholarships (if applicable).
- Apply for a student loan, after you get your acceptance letter from the university.
- Gather paperwork for your student visa. Check visa requirements.
- Apply for your student visa in time. Keep in mind the time taken for visa processing!
- Focus more on GTE which is an important aspect of the Australian student visa application, hence, the statement must be drafted with a lot of care. Check GTE Statement Australia Sample
- Arrange for Overseas Student Health Cover.
- Book airline tickets.
- Arrange for an Internation Debit/Credit card.
- Collect all the documents and their photocopies, to take along.
- Check out the Pre-departure checklist for international students heading to Australia for their studies.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload Guide
Learn more about application process