What is MRV Receipt?
MRV Receipt number: Most applicants including children who are entering the United States of America are required to pay a Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee to initiate their US Visa application process. The MRV is a government-mandated visa processing fee that is required to be paid whether your visa is approved for travel or not. The MRV fee is non-transferable and non-refundable in nature. The receipt generated from the payment of the Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee is termed as MRV Receipt number. Kindly note that it could take up to two business days for your MRV number to be available from the date of payment. MRV fee is valid for one year and with the same fee, a student can apply for a visa anytime within a year as per his/her admission intake.
Is MRV Compulsory?
While most applicants are required to pay Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee to initiate their US Visa application process. It is compulsory for all visa types. Applicants are requested to check the official USA immigration website to know whether they required to pay MRV or not. Students who are visiting the country on US Student Visa F and M are required to pay an MRV fee of USD 160 which roughly translates to Rs. 11,717. Read: Study in USA
How to Register for MRV Fee Payment
- Step 1: Candidates are required to log in to the online applicant system and create a profile. This will ensure that the proper MRV Fee is paid and activated in a timely manner. The fee amount is generally shown in US Dollars, however, applicants can pay in Indian rupees.
- Step 2: Candidates are required to then click on 'Schedule My Appointment' option on the left-hand side of your screen. Complete Steps for Visa Type, Post, Visa Category and Visa Class.
- Step 3: Once you are on the Payment screen, click on Payment Options to pick your form of payment. Payment options available in India are:
- NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer)
- Axis Bank or Citibank branch in India
- IMPS – Payment by Mobile Phone
Do note: that since Indian banks are closed on the second and fourth Saturdays of every month, hence payments on those days would be non-operational.
- Step 4: Pick the payment option that is most convenient for you and make your payment. When you pay the visa fee, you acknowledge that this is a non-refundable visa application processing fee required as a prerequisite to the processing of an application. Kindly note: there is no refund possible regardless of the outcome of the application.
- Step 5: Whichever payment option you choose, you must save your CGI reference number or transaction number. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your CGI reference or transaction number.
- Step 6: Once you pay your visa fee, you can schedule your interview.
Things to Remember
Looking to book your US Student Visa? keep these pointers in mind while paying the MRV Fee.
- Candidates would be required to make a successful payment before they are permitted to schedule their interview appointment.
- Once the initial interview is scheduled it is important to not miss the date. Because candidates may have to pay a second MRV fee to schedule a second interview. So candidates are reminded to schedule a visa appointment on days they are available so they are not required to pay a second fee. MRV fee is non-refundable.
- Candidates are required to save their receipt with the visa fee receipt number. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your visa fee receipt number.
Sample MRV Receipt Number
this is how an MRV receipt fee would generally look alike. this is a standard sample and don't get alarmed if your receipt does not resemble the same. just make sure you are paying your MRV Fee on the official site.
Want to know more about studying in the US, Check the articles below: